Reading Room - Ask questions; read the Bible Lesson; research; find cd's, books, The Christian Science Monitor and other periodicals. You may read, borrow or purchase these.Discover more...
Welcome Table - You'll find it in the foyer of the church during
services. Feel free to ask questions and pick up free literature
for more information on Christian Science.
of The Mother Church
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
The Library's website includes Mary Baker Eddy's life, her writings, her accomplishments and a timeline. It provides the history of Christian Science and the Church as well as setting all of these in their historical context.
Plus, it has events, exhibits, the Mapparium, "Ask a Researcher", webcasts, blogs and info on planning a visit (to name just some of the resources and activities available on the site.)